Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/13/14

So I sadly haven't written in quite a while! 
I was supposed to do the Color Bash 5K this week, but due to my immense pain from a migraine, I decided it was best to rest and stay home.  The color powder probably wouldn't have been a good idea with the allergies.
A few weeks ago I did my longest distance to do date!  I completed the Papa John's 10 Miler.  I can't believe I finished it, yet I knew I would.  I don't like to give up on things I start.  Well, I walked a lot more than I originally planned.  I was sore afterwards, but not near as bad as I thought I would be with no training what so ever.  There was a lady that I ran into about 3-4 miles from the finish who was in her 60s or so and she told me she didn't think she could make it to the finish.  I stayed with her the entire way to the football field, talking to her through it all.  I'm not sure what feeling was better - crossing the finish line or hearing her tell me, "I really don't think I would have been able to finish this if it wasn't for you!"  It's definitely worth having a slower time than I thought I would to be able to help out another person.
Yesterday I made the move...I signed up for my first ever half marathon.  I never would have thought this time last year I would be doing this.  This time last year, I had never even been in a race.  My first race wasn't until June 8, 2013, The Color Run, where I barely made it to the finish because I was so out of shape.  Now I am signed up for a half marathon...13.1 miles!  So crazy.
Speaking of The Color Run, I was asked to work at The Color Run Louisville this year.  I can't wait to be on staff and help with packet pick-up and the day of the race.  I was told I would have to be there at like 4AM - ahhh!  I know it will be tons of fun though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment