Monday, February 10, 2014

Move. Nourish. Breathe. - Wk 1 Recap

Week one of +Lorna Jane  and +Fit Approach, LLC #mnbchallenge is officially over.  I was so excited to start this challenge!  The first week focused on "moving". 

Day 1 was "Sweat-it-out!" where I was able to show my favorite way to sweat.  Of course I picked the stationary bike.  I love to be on the bike.  I feel great with it and just rack up the mileage.  The bike I use at +Anytime Fitness is wonderful on my knees too, which is even better.

Day 2 was "Change it up!" where I looked for a new workout to do.  This was a little more difficult, but good for me because I was able to get out of my norm.  I realize I do start to get in a rut of doing my usual and in order for things to work best for me, I need to switch it up occassionally!

Day 3 was "Let's get planking!".  I don't think anyone who did this challenge had an easy time with this day of the challenge.  When I looked through the pictures on twitter and instagram, it looked like most had a difficult time of doing 5 minutes of planks.  I definitely had to break mine up and couldn't do five minutes at once.  But you know what, I was able to do it - and that's what matters.  It took a lot of out me, but what doesn't challenge me, doesn't change me!

Day 4 was "Buddy up!".  I don't usually pair up with others when I work out and was going to try so hard to do this, but I was at the gym after 11pm that night and there was hardly a soul in the gym at that time believe it or not.  But I busted my butt alone and did my workout regardless.  I think it says a lot for someone who doesn't have to have someone there to push them, but can still get their work done!

Day 5 was "Fave Friday!" where I was able to pick five fitness favorites to share with everyone.  I picked quotes that keep me going, my delicious shake that I make each morning, my awesome gym, my crafty medal rack where I keep my race medals, and my amazing IR4 Buddy.  These things keep me going each day.

I am looking forward to week 2!  This week is all about "nourish".  This is an important one for me...nourishing my body the best I can.  I tried to focus on this one a lot last week as well, so I hope I can do even better this week.

Be sure to check out Lorna Jane and FitApproach
If you'd like to see all of the pictures posted so far, go to instagram or twitter and search #mnbchallenge or #sweatpink.

1 comment: