Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/5/14

So I'm trying this blogging thing again.  Hopefully I can stick with it this time!  I plan to use this to talk about all the ups and downs I'm going through.  I will be very open and share things I never thought I would.  I will tell my weight - so what!  I'll share what works for me and what hasn't.

Okay so for right now, I am doing a weight loss challenge with work.  Today was my first weigh in.  It goes for 12 weeks.  The last challenge I did at work, I did well.  I know I can do it again.  :)  I weighed in at (are you ready for the HUGE number) - 232.5 pounds!  When I started trying to lose weight on August 28, 2013 I weighed 263.8, so I'm still managing to keep weight off, which is awesome!  I will weigh in every Wednesday at work (and of course, knowing me, I will weigh in at home to try to keep myself on track).

Last night I bought a brand new Beachbody program to try.  It's the 21 Day Fix!  I can't wait to get it and start on February 17th with an awesome group of people on Facebook (Sorey Fitness).  The average amount lost in the test group was 11 pounds in the 21 days.  Basically, it's a nutrition and exercise program in one.  Instead of counting calories, which we all know we hate, they give you different size/colored containers to use to portion out your foods.  I'm really eager to try it and hope it will be what works for me.

I still am enjoying my time at the gym!  Love the bike and keep wanting to push myself more and more each time I am there.  The further I have gone to date on the bike has been 15.1 miles.  I need to step it up and try for more and to also switch up my exercises while there too.

Best news of all...on January 25th, I was matched with an awesome I Run 4 buddy, Mighty Matthew!  He is the best thing ever.  I am so blessed that he has come into my life, along with his family.  I can't wait to get to know them all even more.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment